TELUS Retail POS Revamp Project
2002-Present (Major Revamp: 2002-2005)
TELUS Mobility provides more than 93% the Canadian population wireless voice, Internet and data services with its networks: PCS and Mike. After its acquisition of two large telecoms, TELUS planned ahead for a more aggressive expansion by 2007. But it needed to build a robust and integrated retail POS system first.
TELUS wanted to address the following issues in order to achieve significant increase on store efficiency:
- Reducing the data input workload for staff.
- Getting more accurate inventory information.
- Easier training for 5000+ staff.
- Monitoring 140+ stores’ performance in an easier way.
- Automating all store process, using clearly defined workflows to ensure consistency in staff training and ease of use through an intuitive POS design.
- Incorporating other existing business channel applications in the store environment.
- Build a POS framework capable of plugging in web applications to integrate different payment options such as cash, credit or debit cards.
Qualicom customized a retail management system (RMS) which met all TELUS’ requirements:
- The RMS POS terminal adopted a simple workflow screen which is easy for its staff to learn.
- Automatically sync real-time data between the POS and SAP systems.
- Flexible transaction management in POS terminals or back office.
- Generating reports for analyzing each store performance.
The RMS was an innovation of technology to solve the real-world business problems and helped TELUS pursuit its ultimate goal.
|Benefits to the Client:
- A reliable and innovative POS system to support TELUS’ retail expansion.
- Save time in staff training thanks to new streamlined business processes.
- Double-digits sales growth due to effective data communication within company in terms of transactions, inventory and etc.
- Increased staff and customers’ satisfaction level
- TELUS Mobility has won 2005 CIPA Silver Award of Excellence in the Efficiency and Operational Improvements.